Several of our lawyers have experience from important carbon capture and storage projects on the Norwegian continental shelf and have followed regulatory developments closely, both in terms of EU legislation and Norwegian legislation.
Kluge is legal advisor to Gassnova, a company established by Norwegian authorities to promote the development of CCS technology, currently playing a key role in the realization of the full-scale project Langskip.
Our competence includes:
- The regulations for CO2 storage, including the EU CCS directive and the Norwegian regulations, including the carbon storage regulations, the petroleum regulations and the pollution regulations
- Responsibility and transfer of responsibility; interface
- CCS and CCUS projects and related supply contracts
- Research and development agreements related to CCS / CCUS technology
- The regulations on state aid