Production of power requires various permits, and the legislation sets a number of requirements that producers must comply with. Trading on the Norwegian and Nordic power markets is also heavily regulated. Cost-effective operations are crucial for profitability, and ensuring proper regulatory compliance and reducing legal risk are key elements in this.
Our lawyers have both in-depth knowledge of the framework conditions in this area and a solid understanding of the business and how the power markets work.
Our competence includes:
- Licenses and permits
- Regulatory issues, interpretation of regulations, dealing with relevant public authorities
- Acquisition of rights to real property
- Power sales, power contracts (EFET, PPA) and the regulation of physical and financial power trading
- Sales of electricity certificates and guarantees of origin
- Contracts, transactions and restructuring / consolidation
- Compliance and governance
- Dispute resolution