In what way are effective work processes and efficiency initiatives introduced in the major organisations? Are we experiencing true operational improvements - working smarter and easier than before? Or do the changes mostly relate to traditional cost cuts and cutbacks? Is the oil industry delivering on the key challenge - real technology and industrial development? What opportunities do ENOVA see for tomorrow's oil industry in the light of the green change? How is Innovation Norway prepared to assist the industry going forward?
Last but not least: What can we expect that the Brexit process during 2017 and 2018 will mean for the many entities and organizations within the oil industry which geographically covers both NCS and UKCS? We will look at this both from a UK and Norwegian perspective.
- 08:30 - 08:55 Being competetive – The NCS is changing. KonKraft, a collaborative arena for the Norwegian Oil and Gas Association, The Federation of Norwegian Industries, Norwegian Shipowners' Association and the Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions (LO), with the LO unions Fellesforbundet and Industri Energi, has initiated a new project "Being competetive – the NCS is changing".
Walter Qvam, former CEO of Kongsberg Gruppen, chairs the committee.
- 08:55 - 09:20 Has the industry managed to work structurally and longer term with the major cost drivers on the shelf? What can be done next in an operational context? What inititiatives do the industry need to focus on in this new low-price era?
Mette Halvorsen Ottøy, CEO Statoil, Drift Sør
- 09:20 - 09:45 Update on the oil price and the changes the oil industry has gone through since the price collapse in 2014. Are cost cutting initiatives sustainable in the longer term? Updated outlook on the market.
Jarand Rystad, CEO Rystad Energy
- 09:45 - 10:00 Break
- 10:00 - 10:20 The so called "Green Shift" - what does this really mean for the oil industry in Norway? Possibilities and perspectives from Enova's point of view.
Audhild Kvam, Director of marketing in Enova, responsible for promoting the supportprograms to the oil- and gas industri
- 10:20 - 10:45 Are capital strained E&P companies and contractors managing to innovate in the current market? The NCS has for long been a showcase for new oil and gas technologies. What is the status of technology development on the NCS several years into this low price cycle? Innovation Norway share their perspectives on the way forward for the oil and gas industry.
Mona Skaret, CEO Vekstselskaper and Klynger in Innovasjon Norge
- 10:45 - 11:00 Break
- 11:00 - 11:25 Many operators and contractors have organisations covering both the UKCS and the NCS. How will Brexit influence such organisations and companies - organized cross the UK border? How should we be prepared, from a legal perspective?
Guy Lougher, Partner for Pinsent Masons LLP, Head of EU and Competition
- 11:25 - 11:50 Brexit from a Norwegian point of view - which legal challenges do we see for the Norwegian oil industry and business activities related to Brexit?
Bjørnar Alterskjær, partner in Kluge, former Deputy Director in EFTA Surveillance Authority
- 11:50 - 12:15 How to start and operate a new E&P company based on an innovative business plan? How does OKEA plan to grow and take the industry forward?
Ola Borten Moe, member of the management in OKEA, former Minister of Petroleum and Energy in Norway